What are we building? Taxonics is a software platform that provides the tools and data that help commercial real estate owners understand and appeal their real estate tax assessments.
Who are our customers? Owners, operators, managers, developers, and investors of commercial real estate.
What problems are we solving? Real estate taxes are a particularly confusing part of a historically opaque sector (commercial real estate). Because of this, most of our potential customers struggle when estimating their real estate tax expenses and avoid appealing their real estate tax assessments even if there is an opportunity.
Why are those problems important? Real estate taxes are the single largest operating expense in commercial real estate. Understanding, managing, and reducing real estate taxes is critical for anyone that wants to profitably own and operate commercial real estate.
What is our end goal? To own the commercial real estate tax information space. To be the most trusted, effective, and utilized tax resource for the commercial real estate industry.
Who would be a good fit?
- Someone with a positive and collaborative outlook (more important than anything else). We are looking for a thought partner and someone who has experience working in a team environment that can help not only solve technical problems but also brainstorm new ideas, contribute to the product development strategy, and think about the big picture.
- An interest and passion for real estate and someone who believes in the significant upside potential of delivering new technology in the real estate space.
- Ready to take the next step in their career building a development/product team
- A strong individual contributor who still wants to get their hands dirty solving problems with code.
- Openness to tackling different technical issues. Experience in a particular language, framework, or area of development is less important than a desire to learn and simply figure things out.
Here are some of the near-term big challenges that we would be tackling together:
- Expanding an MVP, mostly doing front-end web development initially
- Setting up a team development environment and processes
- Eventually migrating from partial reliance on a low-code platform to our own full-stack web application
- Hiring and managing developers
- Assisting in product strategy and design
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Proficiency in:
- SQL/MySQL and structuring relational databases
- Git, GitHub, development with version control
- Experience in backend development (bonus if you’re strong in a popular framework)
Taxonics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.